Friday, August 15, 2008

Jim Bianco

I love love love seeing Jim Bianco perform live. He's this adorable, funny Italian guy originally from Long Island who now lives in LA. My friend Emily and I discovered him playing the Bowery Ballroom a few years ago as an opening act on the Hotel Cafe Tour (headlined by Joshua Radin). He came on stage wearing a red silky shirt, white three-piece suit and a fadora. He truly put on a show - funny facial expressions, dancing- he definitely has a great time performing for a crowd. He also get bonus points with me because once he was in front of me in line for the bathroom before one of his shows and he let me go ahead of him. Mind you, I did not ask him if I could go before him, he is just THAT chivalrous. A hot singer/songwriter with style who will let me pee first? I just might marry this guy. For last night's show, he was kind of toned down a little (he opted for the t-shirt with vest ensemble) and wasn't really shaking his ass too much. Though, the stage at Joe's Pub was significantly smaller than the stage at The Bowery. Also, his dad was sitting behind me last night (seriously, the dad looked like he could be an extra on The Sopranos.) Check out my video:

No comments: